ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees www.abb.com
WE ARE A NICOTINE-FREE AND DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
Team Leaders are responsible for the flow of material, people and information in a particular work area. Ensuring operators have the necessary tools, equipment and support necessary to perform job operations. The team leader will follow standardized work procedures utilizing lean manufacturing principles, and will communicate pertinent information with the supervisor, the oncoming shift, and other departments on a daily basis.
- • Coordinates schedule with supervisor and Planner or Scheduler
- • Monitors Work-in-Process
- • Audits processes in work area including safety, established methods for work, dispatch list, efficiency, utilization, training, and scrap
- • Communicates and coordinates with Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Planner or Scheduler
- • Helps analyze and solve issues in production
- • Ensures operators have tools, equipment and materials necessary to perform the job and are reassigned timely if resources are unavailable
- • Provides reports and documentation that are accurate, legible and submitted on a timely basis including OEE, production records and inventory transactions
- • Serves as primary trainer for team members assigned to the area, completing Job Instructions as scheduled and using established “best practice” in training
- • Relieves other operators during lunch/breaks as necessary and is expected to set up and operate area equipment at targeted efficiency levels
- • Participates in EHS and 5S Audits and correction of operational deficiencies
- • Requires some management of hazardous waste and therefor requires certification every three years in DOT/Hazardous Waste and RCRA training annually
- • Other duties as assigned
- Basic Qualifications
- • High School Diploma
- • Prior manufacturing experience
- • Strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- • Communication and problem solving skills
- • Mechanical aptitude
- • Computer literate
- • Good training skills
- • Basic math skills
- • Good hand dexterity
- • Possess self-motivation to take on additional responsibilities to enhance value to organization
- • Can be relied upon to be on the job when needed and perform work to its successful completion
- • Make and implement suggestions to eliminate waste and continually improve processes in the areas of safety, service, cost, and quality
- • Take proactive ownership and responsibility for product quality at point of manufacture and process improvement
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.