Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and is located in Ormond Beach, Florida. As a Shift Leader-Maintenance, you will be responsible for coordinating activities including monitoring work, determining work assignment priorities and determining requirements for meeting production demand. Responsible for training team members and assuring all team members have the necessary tools, equipment and support to perform their jobs safely. A team leader shall communicate pertinent information with the Maintenance Supervisor, Production Supervisors, the oncoming shift and other departments on a daily basis.
- Ensures Production Operations by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Designs, implements and modified preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspecting operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
- Assists maintenance supervisor in allocating, coordinating and overseeing shift order and work plan execution to meet production requirements during all shifts.
- Provides regular feedback and makes recommendations to management regarding issues within the production line and maintenance needed. Including production line needs, shifting priorities and possible critical situations.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians have materials necessary to complete tasks.
- Assists in training and cross-training of team members.
- Helps management implement staff movements in case of vacations, illnesses, machine outages or shifting priorities. This includes backfilling for team members.
- Serves as leader for shift and works to establish a collaborative environment and resolution of technical/quality problems and logistics issues.
- Reinforces focus on volume, efficiency and on time delivery.
- Ensures the shift operation is run in compliance with health & safety policies and guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and 5 years of experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Leadership skills including the ability to effectively influence.
- Basic business acumen.
- Problem solving skills.
- Safety and Quality focused.
- Technical maintenance skills in mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, CNC and other types of industrial equipment with PLC competency desired.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Computer literate – Must be able to develop, analyze and present data developed from the use of the computer.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- This is an active hands on position.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.