Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldShift Supervisor, 3rd shift
TITLE: SHIFT SUPERVISOR, Third Shift (3:00 to 11:30 pm)
OPEN DATE: July 5, 2018
CLOSING DATE: July 12, 2018
REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT SITE MANAGER
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 20,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, Va.
The SCOT Supervisor reports to an assigned Assistant Site Manager. The Supervisor is responsible for supervising, administering, and training all clerks engaged in the activities and tasks of the operating unit to which he/she is assigned. Coordinates and controls the movement of files internally and externally with other sections and branches throughout the Service Center. Prepares and maintains daily logs on documents, correspondence, and statistical and pending reports. Track backlogs and front-logs. Plans work schedules to handle surges and priorities. Maintains accurate reports of DHS workload held on file shelves. Implements and monitors policy and procedural changes. Complete employee evaluations. Handle disciplinary recommendations and actions. Perform administration duties such as attendance and production reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
- Direct, train, assist, and supervise staff in performing applicable support functions
- Evaluate subordinates performance and train, coach, mentor, develop and evaluate their activities
- Ensure that work performed in functional area is performed to optimum quality standards
- Provide procedures and retraining to employees in functional area as needed
- Ensure timely delivery of all deliverables as they relate to functional area
- Track the progress of all activities in functional area and report the status to the contract Assistant Site Manager
- Review and approve the daily production report of each clerk assigned, paying particular attention to their achievement of performance standards on a daily basis
- Ensure that the SOP for functional area of responsibility is used, understood, and kept up to date
- Conduct frequent internal quality audits
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- At least 2 years previous records management experience. Prefer 1 year previous experience supervising records management program and/or 2 years previous experience as an acting shift supervisor or lead
- Computer skills required: Computer literate and previous data entry experience
- Express and exchange ideas clearly in the English language, both written and verbal
- Must qualify and maintain the level of security clearance required for the position
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written
- and verbal communications
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.