We are seeking a motivated individual to join our company as a Shipping and Receiving Clerk. As part of our team, you oversee and document the receiving of packages, parcels, and supplies, store items in the appropriate areas, and prepare items for shipping. This is a position that requires a highly organized personality. You must pay close attention to small details while managing the logistics of a high volume of items entering and leaving the facility. You must be able to lift up to twenty pounds unaided and be able to bend, crouch, and lift items throughout your shift.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
- Accept and document packages and deliveries made to the facility
- Store items received in appropriate storage areas, documenting any changes
- Prepare items for shipping, noting item contents, delivery methods, and other logistical details
- Identify and resolve shipping, storage, or receiving discrepancies as they arise
- Maintain a clearly organized workspace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Prior warehouse experience (preferred)
- Microsoft Office skills a PLUS, particulary MS Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.