Are you an ambitious, enthusiastic leader with a desire to guide teams in achieving established goals and is interested in producing good food, responsibly for families across America? Then join one of the country’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
In Operations, you would be on the front-line of the business; overseeing production, tracking product yields, and making necessary adjustments. Ensuring that safety and USDA health standards are met throughout all steps of the manufacturing process. You would be a key player in upholding the trusted quality in which Smithfield, Eckrich, Nathan’s Famous, and our other brands are known to possess.
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.Core Responsibilities
- Handles a wide variety of paperwork including purchase orders, return authorizations, delivery notes and other shipping documents.
- Reviews all delivery notes for special instructions and highlights them for material handlers.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platforms to storage and work areas.
- Prepares all special labels for customer orders.
- Provides information to customer service representatives when requested.
- Help ensures proper storage, inventory and security of all product stocks.
- Schedules inbound and outbound loads.
- Maintains a log of inbound and outbound commercial vehicles.
- Provides timely and professional communication with carriers, 3rd party logistics companies and internal/external customers.
- Maintains appropriate records, files and documentation. Resolves routine problems.
- Utilizes SAP to print pick lists, confirm and post orders, and determine order information such as carrier, ship date, pro numbers, etc.
- Ensures orders are shipped in time to arrive by customers requested delivery date.
- Acts as a backup to other office personnel, when necessary.
- Works with the internal customers to document and track carrier issues.
- Utilizes continuous improvement mindset, assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years of related experience and/or training, required.
- Previous experience working in a Shipping environment where processing of customer orders was completed, preferred.
- General knowledge of shipping procedures, a plus.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to operate a forklift, preferred.
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, SAP and other office equipment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced setting and effectively work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- May be required to work long hours, holidays and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand, use hands and/or fingers to grasp, handle, feel, reach and pull; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits