Drives electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or remove products, equipment, or materials. Prepare records of shipments and bills of lading for outbound trucks. Prepares records of receipt of incoming material, chemicals, and equipment and update database. Responsible for accuracy of shipping documents and computer data and verifying receiving receipts with open PO’s.Core Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED and related experience or training; required.
- Stand-up forklift experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or-two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to physically perform 8 and 10 hours a day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Many pieces of equipment making noises at the same time.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits