SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Responsible for the daily operations of Warehouse duties, as well as perform other odd jobs and errands as assigned.
- Review incoming shipments/mail and forward it to the appropriate office(s).
- Review correspondence, etc., requiring signatures to establish accuracy and adequacy.
- Pick-up, drop-off, distribute, or ship to appropriate Laboratories/Departments.
- Log in samples into the laboratory system.
- Properly retain samples.
- Prepare samples for transportation.
- Dispatching of courier services for hotshot shipments.
- Archive sample retain records.
- Properly dispose of expired samples.
- Dispose of Receiving office trash and laboratory glass trash and boxes.
- Assist laboratory and operations personnel in retrieving samples from retaining.
- Daily maintenance of departmental company vehicles.
- Drive forklift (outdoors) for loading and unloading of shipments.
- Receive and properly distribute/process all packages delivered by various transportation carriers.
- May require administrative duties to be performed as demanded by departmental needs or at managers requests.
- Perform all interior maintenance, such as painting, light electrical, light plumbing, sheetrock repair, etc.
- Perform any cleaning responsibilities, as needed or as assigned, to maintain the cleanliness and safety of the facilities and grounds.
- Maintain and troubleshoot repairs of office equipment and machinery.
- Perform maintenance work to the exterior of the facilities, including painting, minor roof repairs, etc.
- Daily set up and restock of kitchen areas and copier areas at home facility.
- Perform errands and deliveries as assigned, including stamping, sorting and couriering mail to other locations, etc.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of direct transferable experience in a similar environment.
- High School/Associate in a Technical area.
- 2 years of direct transferable experience in a similar environment.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.