SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for the daily operations of the Shipping and Receiving Sample Room.
- Pick-up, drop-off, distribute, ship or to appropriate Laboratories/Refineries.
- Log samples into laboratory system.
- Properly retain samples
- Prepare samples for transportation
- Dispatching of courier services for hot shot shipments
- Archive sample retain records
- Properly dispose of expired samples
- Dispose of Receiving office trash and laboratory glass trash and boxes
- Assist laboratory and operations personnel in retrieving samples from retain
- Daily maintenance of departmental company vehicles
- Drive forklift (outdoors) for loading and unloading of shipments
- Receive and properly distribute/process all packages delivered by various transportation carriers
- May require administrative duties to be performed as demanded by departmental needs or at managers request
- High School degree or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of direct transferable experience in a similar environment.
- Must be familiar with data entry, excellent communication skills,
- Position requires incumbent to be able to work current shifts, which could include extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments.
- Must have clean driving record.
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written). Must be able to read and comprehend labels and instructions.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department
- Ability to follow instructions independently, with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift bulky items, which can weight up to 50 pounds; climb, bend, reach, without restriction.
- Hourly rate for this position is $16.00
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.