MV Transportation is seeking a Shop Foreman to manage all maintenance aspects of the maintenance operation during shift to include preventative maintenance and repair of vehicles. The Shop Foreman will be responsible for all maintenance and utility staff. The Shop Foreman will assure that all contractual requirements are achieved. The Shop Foreman will be responsible for training and development of the maintenance staff and will work with the Fleet Manager in the running of the day-to-day business. In addition, the Shop Foreman must have experience with air conditioning systems, transmissions, electrical diagnosis, emission control systems, and wheelchair lifts.
- Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have technical competence with Ford & Chevy vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- CNG experience preferred but not required.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
- Valid Texas Driver License Class A, B or C.
- ASE Master Certified A1-A8, F1 & H1.
- Other duties as required.
This position is considered safety-sensitive and subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing, under Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) drug and alcohol regulations.
MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.