KOMO-TV is looking for an experienced social media/audience engagement producer with an innate sense of what works in the social space that will also grow engagement, followers and help drive traffic back to KOMONews.com. Successful candidates are those who eat, breath, sleep and can talk social media across current and emerging platforms, including linear broadcasts, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and any new ones that pop up. The person will train on-air talent on the ins-and-outs of social media while leveraging industry-wide best practices to increase our online engagement while also growing traffic for our legacy digital domain. We are looking for an idea generator who is a self starter.
- Must be versed in AP style writing but able to switch to a more conversational tone for social media platforms.
- Must be a solid writer who can remain calm under pressure while juggling multiple writing, video, and photo assignments.
- Must be proficient in image creating platforms and video editing software in order to create shareable, snackable social content.
- Must have a hearty, healthy appetite for a wide range of news and information that can include the serious, from death and destruction, to pop culture, celebrities, lifestyle and trends.
- Must be comfortable using several content management systems in order to create content on one platform that can then be shared across other social platforms/CMS.
- Must be able to become a proficient user of the Sinclair proprietary CMS in order to create stories/video that can be shared across social platforms.
- Will help implement an evolving newsletter strategy in order to conceive/manage regular newsletters to grow KOMONews.com audience users and other KPI.
- Will regularly and daily create engaging photo galleries that can be shared across platforms.
- Will regularly create text-over-graphic videos and text-over-images that are engaging and will spark a social conversation.
- Will be a social media evangelist who will work with all levels of station management and social media counterparts at Sinclair corporate and other sister Sinclair digital properties.
- Will serve as a social media expert, staying on top of current social media trends to ensure our stations content efforts are cutting-edge.
- Will serve as point for any corporate initiatives around social media.
- Will look to find groups/social media hashtags that can be mined for daily news stories and serve as good venues for sharing of KOMONews.com content.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in social media strategy for a daily or week news media organization or digital site.
- Ability to spot trends in social media and prepare to evolve our strategies accordingly.
- Ability to work in a breaking news environment and remain calm and professional while doing so.
- Knowledge of social media advertising campaigns and tools (i.e. Facebook Ad Manager).
- Knowledge of social media analytics platforms (i.e. CrowdTangle, Social News Desk, Facebook Insights)
- A self-starter capable of working independently and exercising sound judgment.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills.
- A passion for teamwork and customer service who can follow direction well but also work independently while managing workflow and projects.
- Able to work across all levels of the station and work in tandem with corporate social media counterparts so our station initiatives are inline with Sinclair expectations.
- A leader who can teach others about social media and encourage non-social users to embrace engagement techniques that work.
- Capable of talking authoritatively about social media trends during live news broadcasts and in taped segments that air on KOMO News.
We are a small digital team that often serves as the springboard for innovation that is then rolled out to other Sinclair sites. We take great pride in being No. 1 in engagement, followers, digital traffic and video views. We work well together and are always striving to be the best.
If this sounds like you, apply! We would love to hear from you.