At Sinclair Broadcast Group, our mission is to connect people with content everywhere – and a core part of this mission involves social media. To help fulfill this mission, we’re seeking a sharp and highly motivated Social Media Specialist to join our growing corporate social media team. The Social Media Specialist’s primary responsibility is to work directly with our local stations to define and enhance their social media strategy. They will be tasked with reviewing the wins and opportunities of our stations’ social media presences with an in-service approach. Ideal candidates will be able to analyze and understand social media content anecdotally, and analytically, to help stations and on-air talent enhance content decisions through collaboration.
- Work directly with stations by delivering consultations, evaluations, recommendations, and trainings on social media platforms and tools – in a minimum of one monthly report and conference call with the stations the Specialist is assigned to, or ad-hoc as needed.
- Track and report social media analytics for stations and prepare reports for stations and other internal stakeholders as needed. This includes analyzing market competition and trends.
- Serve as a social media expert, staying on top of current social media trends to ensure our stations content efforts are cutting-edge.
- Represent Sinclair by conducting station visits and attending conferences as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in social media strategy for a media organization or brand (direct newsroom experience highly preferred)
- Ability to spot trends in social media and prepare to evolve our strategies accordingly.
- Knowledge of social media advertising campaigns and tools (i.e. Facebook Ad Manager).
- Knowledge of social media analytics platforms (i.e. CrowdTangle, Social News Desk, Facebook Insights)
- Self-starter capable of working independently and exercising sound judgment.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills.
- A passion for teamwork and customer service.
- 5-10% Overnight Travel
- Occasional night and weekend work may be needed
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.