General Summary: The Manager of Operations and Continuum of Care, under the supervision and in collaboration with the Director, is responsible and accountable for the operational management, leadership, professional development and quality assessment and improvement activities of the department. Scope of responsibilities include: personnel management and operations (schedule, assignments, recruitment, on-boarding, annual competency management),programmatic responsibility for social services, discharge planning, care coordination, elder abuse, neglect, exploitation and domestic violence to include policy development, and maintenance for these programs.
Manages the activities of hospital staff (as applicable health center) staff and interns in inpatient/outpatient care (as applicable) coordination, social work, discharge planning, prevention of avoidable readmissions, guardianships and elder abuse, neglect, exploitation, domestic violence. Oversees interactions of staff with outside activities and agencies on practices, policies and regulations affecting discharge planning, care coordination, post-acute service arrangements and re-admission prevention.
Collaborates and maintains positive working relationships with physicians, interdisciplinary team members and external continuum of care providers to ensure appropriate hospital length of stay and palliative care services.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- State of Maryland license as Licensed Graduate Social worker required.
- State of Maryland license as a Licensed Certified Social Worker or a Licensed Certified Social Worker -Clinical with Maryland Board of Social Work Examiner approval for social work supervision preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- At least 3 years of experience in hospital, health system or health care case management position.
- Minimum of 5 years management/supervision/leadership experience in a professional work environment required. Experience in an acute healthcare setting with case management experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of continuum of care requirements is required.
- Knowledge of pertinent regulatory, accreditation, public and private service organizational activities relating to discharge planning and resource utilization
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of personnel, medical staff, and community, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through collaboration and influence.
- Reads, writes, speaks and comprehends the English language.
- Computer literacy and analytic skills required.
Management at Holy Cross Hospital involves understanding that we operate within a fiduciary relationship in which we are expected to steward our community's resources in such a way that we produce high quality, safe, efficient, and effective care for both today's patients and tomorrow's patients. This enables us to become the most trusted provider of health services within our community.
As applicable, in collaboration with the Director, Care Management, or as designated is responsible for supervising and evaluating the Social Workers, Discharge Planners, Family Support Workers, and/or staff as assigned.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.