Interviews patients and relatives to obtain social history relevant to medical problems and planning. Assists patients with environmental difficulties that interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Serves as liaison between medical and nursing staffs, patients, relatives and appropriate outside agencies. Interprets and assists in resolving social problems that relate to medical condition and/or hospitalization.
- BSW, MSW, LSW, LMSW
- Licensed to practice Social Work in the State of Texas
- Must have some experience in healthcare, either active hospital social work or extended academic clinical rotation.
- Must be graduate of an accredited university licensed for social work degree.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Windows Application
- Time management skills, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with minimum direction, high production, timely completion of work essential.
- Critical thinking and crisis intervention. Ability to counsel in grief and loss situations.
- Ability to prioritize and mulit task.