Reporting to the Columbus Software and Technology Manager, this role is responsible for real time data acquisition software development and testing. The right candidate will have an understanding of current software technologies and processes in a real-time Linux environment. Communication and strategic thinking are a must, as this position will be customer facing, and will lead multiple projects.
- Develop software in C to run engineering development testing and collect data, including communication with Linux shared memory, and testing equipment.
- Develop graphical interface programs in C (Qt) to enable end users to more easily configure tests and visualize output.
- Write tests for, and perform manual testing, of all the various parts of the suite of software.
- Work together with engineers and software developer teammates to plan and complete projects.
- Assist in establishing accurate timeline estimates while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Track and report the status of projects on various teams.
- Demonstrate competency to our commercial and government clients with the deployment of software and technology enhancements that are coordinated based on release schedules.
- Evolve the existing technical solutions and architecture with an eye on leap-frogging the competition.
- Enforces safety, health, and security rules.