Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, energetic mid– level Software Developer. We are searching for a creative, collaborative individual to develop and maintain applications, workflows and integrations that support internal business processes.
The enterprise systems that the position will be exposed to range from large ERP databases and highly transactional sales systems to data warehousing and reporting systems, each with many integrations and dependencies. These systems support both our business and media operations and service thousands of internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a corporate development environment.
- 5 years of experience in software development, application design and application integration
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and have proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes
- Experience with the Dell Boomi integration platform and/or Pega BPA enterprise platform are a huge plus but not required
- Having experience with any of the following technologies would support your success with working with our applications and integration platform:
- SQL and XML technologies
- Microsoft .NET C# experience
- SOAP/REST and HTTP
- Basic scripting experience
- Java platform knowledge
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise software systems and SaaS using industry standard environments including XML, HTTP/HTTPS, Java and ASP.
- Linux/Unix skills a plus
- Familiarity with visual-based integration middleware platforms
- Database skills including SQL, data modeling, and databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
- Messaging skills including JMS (e.g. ActiveMQ, MQSeries, OracleAQ)
- HTML5. CSS3
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, and/or Bootstrap
- Experience with enterprise integration tools, middleware technologies, and application and data integration patterns including ESB, MOM, JMS, SOAP/REST web services, databases, ETL
- Practical experience implementing services-oriented architecture design and enabling technologies including messaging, XML, JSON, web services, and HTTP
- Experience with Cloud and Software-as-a-Service paradigm and enabling technologies
- General knowledge of common business systems (CRM, SFA, ERP) and processes (lead to cash, requisitions, order management, etc.)
- General knowledge of key application infrastructure components such as VMware, storage (NAS, SAN, SMB), Java JVM, networking (firewall, load balancing, proxies)
- Experience maintaining code with version control, preferably Git
- Ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to audiences from developers to executives
- Complete understanding of the software development life cycle, and experience developing to timelines
- Excellent analytical and procedural thinking skills
- Quick to embrace new technologies and able to self-teach
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.