Sinclair Digital is transforming how local news and television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the digital innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with affiliations to all major networks and more local television stations than anyone else. Sinclair Digital’s software engineers work together to solve complex problems around delivering news and entertainment to audiences across the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, and our content publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We take pride in our charter to transform Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an every-platform enterprise while maintaining our entrepreneurial spirit.
Our Mobile Engineering Team is looking for a Software Engineer to implement new technical initiatives and deliver cutting edge UI solutions. This person will develop rich and exciting digital media experiences, evaluate and champion new technologies, and push industry best practices in a high-visibility technically innovative group. The ideal candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have hands-on enterprise engineering experience.
- Develop amazing mobile user experiences
- Iterate quickly and ship code frequently
- Help the team to design, develop, test, and deliver software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in building application in Swift that have been successfully delivered to users
- 1+ years of experience in building applications with React Native that have been successfully delivered to users
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns and standards, REST and HTTP interaction, and the software development life cycle
- A collaborative, flexible, positive mindset
- Passion to continue learning development techniques and technologies
- 2+ years of experience in building applications with React Native that have been successfully delivered to users
- Master’s degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.