We are seeking a hardworking Software Development Manager with an obsession for data, to join our fast-paced Sinclair Digital organization. At Sinclair Digital, data is essential for all our business decision-making needs. Our data and actionable insights teams is responsible to keep track of a billion hits on our apps, websites, OTT products. The team is also responsible for creating and curating a first party data, delivering newsletters and better user experience for all our loyal returning users, managing privacy and security on the process. The ideal candidate will need to be customer focused with empathy, demonstrate servant leadership, have a passion to effectively problem solve and showcase strong software development skills.
This position is in Seattle, WA or U.S. Remote Eligible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead a technology team that designs, develops and maintains data pipelines into a cloud-native data warehouse (GCP), a first party data lake infrastructure (Big data/BigQuery) and a large scale integration with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC)
- Manage stakeholder relationships and help execute on quarterly planning increments and commitments on behalf of the data team
- Increase team efficiency by removing roadblocks and providing a healthy culture for development
- Support team members by providing mentorship and career guidance
WHAT TO BRING:
- Experience managing a high performing development team
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Expert leadership capabilities including leading vendors, staff, and external teams to drive solutions
- 6+ years software experience (~3 years development and ~2 years management)
- Ability to understand, explain and debug both development and architecture solutions
- Familiar with a modern cloud data platform and deploying services to them (Google/AWS/Azure)
- Experience with pulling data from a variety of sources is; typical sources include 3rd party APIs, CloudSearch, SQL-based data warehouses and spreadsheets
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with data requirements gathering
- Experience evaluating data collection for accuracy (Big Query, Kubernetes, App Engine, Lambda/Cloud Functions)
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience using Google Ad Manager, MDM, ERP Apps like Salesforce, PeopleSoft, Oracle
- Experience with tracking user consumption of video
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.