Peraton is seeking Junior level Software Engineers, as members of our enterprise development team to design and build and integrate various applications and databases for a Maryland customer.
What you’ll do…
- Analyze and understand functional business applications, logic workflows and design.
- Develop and evaluate operational and technical approaches to analyze, design, verify, validate, and implement software systems
- Apply Agile software development methodologies, and tools for software design and development. This includes elements such as software life cycles, reusability version control, dependency management and software reliability metrics.
- Employ innovative thinking to develop and debug software.
- Ability to develop programs that meet stated technical requirements.
- Prepare software and system requirements documentation.
- Experience with large-scale database management systems, data warehousing, data library management, and cloud optimized storage.
You’d be a great fit if you…
- Have a BS degree, with 2-4 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience (4-6 years) may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Have experience with application development, and experience in the following programming, scripting and query languages: HTML, Java, Python, SQL, C/C++, VmWare
- Have an understanding of the software development life cycle - requirements capture to implementation and sustainment.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively to deliver capability needs from initial prototypes to customer-accepted final product.
- Have demonstrated experience in:
- Documenting component designs within a High-Level Design document
- Planning and developing component integration test
It’d be even better if you have…
- Cloud and virtual storage experience
- Front-end application development
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
*To be considered for this position it requires the candidate to already possess an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.