Software Engineer III
At Rapidfire,a division of bioMerieux, we design innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions for our customers that initiate new forms of scientific partnerships to be at the forefront of the most advanced technologies. We are seeking a software engineer to design the next generation of diagnostics to improve the health of patients and ensure consumer safety for global public health.
This engineer works within a project team. This engineer may also serve as a technical project lead. The engineer uses his or her experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of software engineering and any other expertise that might be held by this particular individual. Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of software.
Designs and troubleshoots code for software applications, including but not limited to instrument user interfaces and support application code. The position requires knowledge and exposure to modern software design. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other members, team leadership as well as company management.
In a senior role, this engineer is expected to share expertise and advise or mentor other engineers to aid in their professional development, as well as build the core competency of the company’s engineering department in general.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the bioMérieux Quality System.
- If in a leadership role – is responsible for leading and managing the portions of the project to which he/she is assigned as a leader to accomplish the goals of the project.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to develop software such as computer applications, instrument user interfaces and support applications and utilities.
- Works with other team members to understand team and market needs and produce corresponding software requirements.
- Writes unit tests for code development activities.
- Participates effectively in technical code reviews both as a reviewer and reviewee.
- Fosters a collaborative and cooperative work environment.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience writing software for Android, including both activities and services is preferred.
Training and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Equivalent
- 7-15 years of experience in related field– including performance consistent with said experience
- High proficiency in one or more strongly typed object oriented programming languages such as Java or C#
- Experience in 3 or more programming languages.
- Revision control systems such as Git, TFS, or Perforce.
- Experience with high level IDEs such as Visual Studio or Android Studio.
- Android development experience is preferred.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA