Software Engineer Lead ll
Work as part of an agile team to design and implement new features and technologies. Deliver high quality, high performance code in an agile environment. Use, evaluate, and learn exciting new technologies that keep products and teams on the cutting edge. Provide technical direction and oversight for a single development project. Contribute to the leadership of cross-functional teams. Help lead the design, development, and maintenance of complex solutions with a focus on quality, performance, and resiliency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the work being done by other software engineers working on the team, coordinating team activities with other teams and product groups, maintaining software architecture standards.
- Consistently defines and applies technologies, standards and software engineering practices, mentoring other team members
- Contributes in leading and directing software engineering resources to ensure timely and quality delivery of services.
- Responsible for mentoring junior talent as well as directing technical staff through technical challenges, tasks and projects.
- Develop key product features within existing large-scale enterprise applications & new strategic initiatives.
- Participate in the full SDLC involving design, implementation, testing, and launching.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (QA, Business Analyst, Tech Pubs, etc.) in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
- Participate in and sometimes lead architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction.
- Create design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
- Generate data for project planning, including task breakdown and estimation of work for a project. Tracks status within the project as necessary.
- Delegates tasks to project team members to balance work and increase team cross-training
- Raises long-term architecture issues within project
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects.
- Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Design and define the interaction between the other component pieces.
- Maintain and support software solutions post-production.
- Implements and debugs some of the more involved/complex functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in software development. 2 – 3 years in technical leadership.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, and data modeling techniques.
- Proficiency in Enterprise Java programming plus one or more modern programming languages
- Ability to direct and motivate other technical resources.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
Physical and Mental:
- Ability to multi-task, Analytical skills, Ability to follow verbal or written instructions, Thinking analytically, Communication, Using effective verbal communication, Using effective written communication, Handling stress & emotions, Concentrating on tasks, Making decisions, Adjusting to change, Examining/observing details, Sitting for long periods at a time
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.