Software Engineer ll
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Working as part of a small, agile team to design and implement new features and technologies. Delivering high quality, high performance code in an agile environment. Using, evaluating, and learning exciting new technologies that keep our products and teams on the cutting edge. As a key member of the team, this individual will help design, develop, and maintain complex JEE solutions with a focus on quality, performance, and resiliency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop key product features and complex software solutions within existing large-scale enterprise applications and new strategic initiatives using preferred languages
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (QA, Business Analyst, Tech Pubs, etc.) in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
- Participate in architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction.
- Create design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
- Complete development tasks independently as well as under direction from the product architect and development leads.
- Maintain and support software solutions post-production.
- Develop features completely including the front-end components and the backend systems.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.2-3 years of professional experience in software development or technical engineering capacity.
- 2+ years of experience with custom application software development using Java.
- Other: Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, and data modeling techniques
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The following are preferred but not required:
- 1+ years of experience using Java enterprise technologies (JEE).
- Server-side technologies such as WebLogic, Messaging/MOM (JMS, MQSeries), EJB 2.0/3.0, and Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- Database design and writing complex SQL in an Oracle environment.
- Experience in an Agile development environment utilizing the Scrum methodology.
- Experience with web or hosted/cloud-based applications that handle high-volume and require high-uptime and performance (preferably JEE-based).
- Knowledge of healthcare messaging standards such as HL7, NCPDP, and DIRECT.
Physical and Mental:
Ability to multi-task, Analytical skills, Ability to follow verbal or written instructions, Thinking analytically, Communication, Using effective verbal communication, Using effective written communication, Handling stress & emotions, Concentrating on tasks, Making decisions, Adjusting to change, Examining/observing details, Sitting for long periods at a time
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.