As a Software Engineer at Sabre Systems, you will employ your talent towards improving the systems used on the United States Navy's most sophisticated Aircraft. The challenge to continually improve the mission capabilities of Navy aircraft requires engagement from the most elite software professionals available. Your talents can make a difference in keeping our ships and sailors safe from threats both above and below the surface of the ocean. The Maritime Surveillance domain requires Software Engineers to familiarize themselves with a wide variety of mission systems, software programming languages and environments. If you want to make meaningful contributions toward keeping naval aircraft systems on the leading edge, then we have a challenge for you!
Join our Team in support of some of the Navy's most technologically sophisticated aircraft platforms that include P-8A Poseidon, MQ-4C Triton, MH-60R/S SeaHawk, E-2C/D Hawkeye, E-6B Mercury, MQ-25A Stingray, UH-1Y Venom and AH-1Z Viper.
- Apply knowledge of computer science concepts and techniques, mathematics, and methods of statistical analysis to develop and apply automated solutions to engineering, scientific, or business data acquisition and management problems.
- Uses mathematical, statistical, and scientific logic to identify conceptual or theoretical solutions to problems of automated data processing (ADP) hardware or software systems design and operations.
- Analyzes and formulates architectural and functional specifications, interfaces, and data structures.
- Researches applications for ADP hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Writes, modifies, and adapts computer programs in machine level, assembly, and third or fourth generation programming languages.
- May act as team leader or supervisor, developing project plans, guidelines, or controls, and directing the work of other computer scientists, specialists, and technicians.
- BS degree in a Computer Science, Computer Systems Information Management, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics.
- 3+ years of computer science experience. At least one (1) year of the foregoing experience shall have consisted of performing computer scientist functions.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software systems including, but not limited to Solaris UNIX, Aonix UNIX, SunOS, Linux, Linuxworks, LynxOS, Microsoft DOS, Microsoft Windows, mass-storage devices and/or local area networks (LANs).
- Able to develop software using structured top-down methods in C, C++, SQL, Ada, and/or the UNIX Command Language using the UNIX SDE.
- Candidate must have a current secret clearance.
- Candidates will be required to pass a background check for this position.
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor