SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As a Software engineer, you will support, update, and create software used in testing for the transportation sector. Software includes direct control over hardware as well as user interfaces. This position often includes direct interaction with customers to create specifications and manage time on individual software projects. Current software is primarily written in C on a Linux PC platform and includes real time elements and direct interaction with hardware.
- Work directly with the customer to support existing test software, providing help and identifying needed changes as required.
- Plan and implement needed additions and improvements to the software. Sometimes this is new functionality in a current application, and sometimes this is a new application based on customer or internal requirements.
- Project requirements gathering.
- Usage of Jira for issue tracking and task management.
- The position may include management of customer projects which includes communicating with the customer on issues and status, gathering requirements, and managing project schedules and resources.
- Giving training demonstrations and presentations to customers is sometimes required of the software engineers.
- Understand and follow coding standards and other software related processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field AND
- Minimum 1 years of experience with C and Linux applications.
- 5+ years of experience in C and Linux applications, particularly Linux based real time or embedded systems.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.