What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health:
- Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
The Data Ingestion Team Responsibilities include:
- Acquiring clinical data from multiple systems, including Electronic Medical Record Systems including labs, Practice Management Systems, and Pharmacy Dispensing Systems
- Securely routing the data from source systems to multiple data consumers through our secure data router & vault
- Managing customer on-premise software for data acquisition
- Batch and streaming data capabilities to support business needs
- Enriching data elements as data is routed through the data vault
- Ensuring data usage compliance of all data feeds to consumers
- Patient mastering and de-identification services
- Daily operations and support
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience in delivering software products in an agile software development methodology
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- Attention to details are a must
- Database performance, SQL, and schema management is required
- Clinical data experience is preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.