Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low-cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Lead and manage the application development team responsible for the lab automation solutions that support the Quest labs. The team may support a mixed portfolio of vendor purchased, vendor hosted, and custom developed applications. Individual will manage portfolio, application life cycle, development requests, integration support, standardization, and retirement of non-standard solutions.
• Manage technical resources through the development steps of the software development lifecycle
• Provide technical leadership in collaboration with Solution Design & Architecture, Infrastructure, and Support organizations
• Manage technical issues and risks proactively and as they occur
• Coordinate team activities and schedules with other IT teams involved in the software development cycle including architecture, design, testing, support, and program/project management
• Effectively manage vendor relationships for systems and tools used in development of the systems
• Direct subordinates on administrative policies & procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods
• Define internal team processes and successfully track and report on progress consistent with IT wide standards and procedures
• Define service levels for the team and successfully manage the team to meet or exceed those service levels
• Provides input into the strategic direction for the group/team and communicates with all levels of management
• Serves as a liaison with other IT groups for establishing strategy and goals
• Leads key organizational initiatives within IT and Corporate
• Applies technical experience to identify new approaches and methods to develop business solutions
• Manages large scale budgets and forecasts
• Provides direction and oversight to the management team
• Advises group/team on internal/external customer issues
• Ensures optimal staffing for group/team
• Prepares employee performance evaluations, develops plans for employee and team development, and conducts performance and development discussions
• Adheres to all PEP, SOX, and Software Development methodologies
• B.S. in Computer Science or related fields
• Advanced degree preferred
• 10-15+ Years of development experience or relevant experience, Excellent organizational skills, project management experience, strong written and oral communication skills, strong technical/analytical skills, and strong leadership skills.
• Product Specific Knowledge