Senior Director, Software Engineering – Business Solutions
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors, and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes® America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
As Senior Director, Software Engineering – Business Solutions, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in leading our high performing team to manage the business solutions in the Software Engineering and Design team. The Senior Director will develop the team for the future by coaching, mentoring and hiring exceptional talent, and build structures/systems to ensure our success is repeatable, consistent, and scalable. S/He will work closely with all stakeholders both in IT and business to identify and deliver to business priorities, mitigate any risks and strive for engineering excellence across all projects and initiatives.
The Senior Director will be the critical driver of our transformation journey and will lead key projects and initiatives to deliver on the vision of the transformation office. A passion for working with technical teams delivering complex enterprise products, and fostering a collaborative, results-driven, and sustainable team culture will be critical to success.
• Leads a large technical team of software developers to deliver on the next generation of software systems in a cloud-native architecture.
• Provide technical leadership to enable cloud migration and cloud-native architecture implementation of LIS systems.
• Responsible for the strategic planning and tactical implementation of cloud-native solutions in alignment with transformation objectives.
• Hire and develop technical talent to be part of future growth and development model.
• Build relationships with stakeholders to understand the business needs and ensure a common understanding of strategy and objectives.
• Responsible for the engineering team’s performance by providing leadership, guidance, and coaching to staff members on core competencies, goal setting, career development, performance management, problem-solving, and daily operations issues to avoid critical delays that might have far-reaching impacts.
• Maintain expertise and knowledge of technology trends and cloud landscape in the industry.
• Assess and identify new opportunities and utilization to further business and IT objectives.
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. Strongly prefer 5+ years of experience in cloud-based development.
• Excellent people, leadership, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills. Ability to inspire and motivate a team of junior and senior software engineers.
• Experience in leading technical teams to design, deliver and deploy cloud-native applications.
• Experience with Microservice architecture, containers, and serverless functions, such AWS Lambda Azure Functions, Docker.
• Experience with both RDS database like MS SQL and schema-less databases like DynamoDB or MongoDB.
• Experience creating full-stack web solutions with high security, reliability, and availability.
• 10+ years of formal management experience leading a team of software engineers.
• Expert understanding of cloud technologies and evidence of successfully implementing a large-scale cloud naive data solution.
• Experience in working in an Agile environment with CI/CD pipeline culture.
• Solid operational skills, with experience in managing budget and vendor relationships.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veterans, or disability status.