Software & Technology Manager atSGS is responsible for real-time and embedded software management activities,as well as technology (application engineering) activities at the Columbus, INlab. This position directly manages seven to twelve employees and plays adirect role in the continued success of the software and technology group. Customer care and management skills arenecessary including hiring and firing, P&L, business development support, schedulingand quality. This position requires anengineering degree.REPORTING LINE
Directlyreports to the General Manager of Columbus In Testing labs.JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Spokesman for SGS TRP, participating in businessdevelopment activities, creating new capabilities and services to ensure thecompany has appropriate portfolio for meeting customer needs.
• Directly involved in immediate team development,coaching, and mentoring, making him / herself available at all times.
• Responsible to interact with customers and otherdepartments to support them as appropriate.
• Responsible for high level consulting service tointernal and external customers.
• Responsible to advocate for the customer andstrive to ensure the software and application engineering team is well utilizedto meet program goals
• Create and develop visual presentations, progressreports, quotes, other documents for leadership team
• Participate in the recruiting process of the Softwareand Technology Group
• Oversee project execution in coordinationincluding priority setting and resource utilization
• Provide daily task management for the Softwareand Technology team
• Be accountable for meeting software andapplication engineering project objectives and meeting quality objectives
• Coordinate with SGS senior management on fiscalplanning, involved in tracking group’s expenses and revenues, exploring new andinnovative ways to reduce cost
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment anddiscretion in matters of significance
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and variableschedule(s) as necessary
• Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience delivering software, software development services, and/ orrelated software experience.
• Experience in real-time and/or embedded environments.