SGSis the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing andcertification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the globalbenchmark in quality and integrity. With over 95,000 employees in 130 countriesand operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provideservices to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of productsand services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcomepeople who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed tohelping you reach your full potential.
Software& Technology Manager is responsible for real-time and embedded softwaremanagement activities and will aid in application engineering tasks at the SGSTesting Services lab in Columbus, IN. This position directly manages seven totwelve employees and plays an immediate role in the continued success of the Softwareand Technology Group. Customer serviceand management skills are necessary, including workforce administration,P&L management, and business development support experience. Candidates should have software experience inreal-time and/or embedded applications, preferably in a Linux environment.JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- Act as spokesman for SGS Transportation, such as participating in businessdevelopment activities and creating new capabilities and services to ensurecustomer needs are met through the creation of an appropriate portfolio.
- Participate in high level consulting services and effectively quote/bidto internal and external customers.
- Ensure customer support/advocacy by making certain the software andapplication engineering team is well equipped to meet program goals.
- Interact directly with customers and other departments to support bothas needed.
- Conduct, organize and actively participate in team development,coaching, and mentoring through staff training.
- Oversee project coordination, allocation and execution, includingpriority setting and resource utilization.
- Provide daily task management for the Software and Technology team.
- Strive to improve the safety of the laboratories and processes toensure continual safe operation.
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining quality software andapplication engineering project objectives.
- Coordinate with SGS senior management on fiscal planning, exploring newand innovative ways to reduce cost, and track group’s expenses and revenues.
- Create and develop visual presentations, progress reports, quotes, andother documents for the leadership.
- Extensive experience delivering software, software developmentservices, and/ or related software experience.
- Direct hands-on experience in real-time and/or embedded applications,preferably in a Linux environment.
- Engage in the recruiting process for the Software and Technology Group.
- Independently exercise judgment and discretion in matters ofsignificance on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.