Sow Farm HOD 1 (1,300 sows)– Mercer County- Pay Grade H05
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for directing operations of the farm and farm employees. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Training and evaluating employees in the maintenance of facilities, attending livestock, and breeding and farrowing sows.
• Recommending measures to improve production methods, efficiencies, and equipment performance
• Documenting livestock inventory of all departments including, gestation, breeding, farrowing, and nursery.
• Monitoring supplies & materials with in budget.
• Monitoring any maintenance issues & follow-up to insure completion.
• Interpreting company policy and specifications to employees and enforces safety regulations.
• Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Performing same duties as employees as needed in farrowing, breeding, and nursery.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates must have an understanding of basic math and computer literacy. Supervisory and organizational skills are required. A minimum of one year experience in a confinement unit and being responsible for farrowing/breeding or the equivalent training is strongly preferred. Interested candidates must possess strong record keeping skills and have general knowledge of how the unit flows and how the other departments operate. Certified on the new step plan in both Breeding and Farrowing. A degree in animal science or certificate from an accredited swine production school is helpful but not required.