Sow Farm HOD 2– Terre Haute 4/3 H04 (rural Putnam County)
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for directing operations of the farm and farm employees. Responsibilities include but are to:
- Training and evaluating employees in the maintenance of facilities, attending livestock, and breeding and farrowing sows.
- Recommending measures to improve production methods, efficiencies, and equipment performance
- Documenting livestock inventory of all departments including, gestation, breeding, farrowing, and nursery.
- Monitoring supplies & materials with in budget.
- Monitoring any maintenance issues & follow-up to insure completion.
- Interpreting company policy and specifications to employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Performing same duties as employees as needed in farrowing, breeding, and nursery.