SowFarm HOD 2– Terre Haute 7/5 H04 (rural Putnam County)
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for directing operations of the farm and farm employees.Responsibilities include but are to:
• Trainingand evaluating employees in the maintenance of facilities, attending livestock,and breeding and farrowing sows.
• Recommending measures to improve productionmethods, efficiencies, and equipment performance
• Documenting livestock inventory of alldepartments including, gestation, breeding, farrowing, and nursery.
• Monitoring supplies & materials with inbudget.
• Monitoring any maintenance issues &follow-up to insure completion.
• Interpreting company policy andspecifications to employees and enforces safety regulations.
• Establishing or adjusting work procedures tomeet production schedules.
• Performing same duties as employees as neededin farrowing, breeding, and nursery.