Lead 2200 sow farm to produce the healthiest, highest quality weaned pig for their customers in a financially responsible manner. Interview, hire, and retain the highest quality employees while maintaining a high level of employee morale.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Assure the farm is operating at maximum capacity by maintaining efficient animal flows and achieving throughput targets that meet quality expectations.
• Lead the sow farm to produce the healthiest, highest quality weaned pig for their customers in a financially responsible manner.
• Be responsible for the financial performance of the farm.
• Be responsible for accurate production data.
• Be responsible for all personnel issues.
• Train and develop new employees.
• Be responsible for proper animal condition and health
• To comply with all MSI components – to include but not limited to: EMS, IPS and Animal Well Being Policies and Procedures
Job requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree or one year Sow Farm Leader or 2200 Sow Farm HOD experience preferred
• Must have excellent organization skills
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have excellent leadership skills
• Must have general computer knowledge
• Knowledge of sow record keeping systems
• Understand and be responsible for normal animal production capability and take action to prevent performance loss.
• Must have excellent breeding, farrowing, and herdsman skills
• Must maintain level PQA Plus & TQA certification
• Must be available for occasional travel.
• Must be responsible for maintaining animal identification systems.
• Must have complete and thorough knowledge of all biosecurity regulations.
• Must be available to help with yearly budgets.
• Weekend, evening, and holiday work required as needed.
For additional information call 660-748-4647 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Smithfield believes strongly in promoting from within. The intent of the Job Posting Policy is to provide a communication method to all supervisors and associates regarding posted positions, with the purpose of providing associates the opportunity to assist in his or her own development. Temporary positions, reclassified or upgraded positions filled through intradepartmental transfer or promotion, and some management positions may not be posted. This is only a request and does not guarantee placement; the best applicant for the position will be chosen. Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE M/F/Disability/Vet; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you require accommodation or assistance to complete the application process, please contact the Recruiter. When you contact the Recruiter, please identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will assist you promptly.