Spec, Technical - Medical Advisor Team- Chantilly, Virginia - Monday to Friday
Medical Advisor Technical Specialists (MATS) triage all medical and technical inquiries received from Client Services and at times, from clients themselves. These inquiries are received electronically (via Agent Desktop; ADT or email), by telephone, in writing or in person. The MATs must leverage technical, scientific, regulatory and laboratory experience and knowledge, apply critical thinking skills, and execute case-by-case decision making in order to effectively triage inquiries. Many of these inquiries can be handled directly and resolved immediately by MATS. Others require input from or escalation to laboratory personnel, esoteric customer solutions specialists, technical directors, and/or medical subject matter experts. MATS interact directly with clients to characterize the nature of the inquiry and appropriately resolve the issue at hand, or alternatively, assess when a request requires a medical or specific technical subject matter expert. Each inquiry is unique and requires execution of independent problem solving and decision-making skills to effectively identify, investigate, and resolve issues at hand. In addition to triaging informational, technical, and medical inquiries, MATs must also often utilize basic customer service skills to address customer issues such as TNPs, discordant results, specimen routing, refunds, credits, and other laboratory issues, as well as diffuse client concerns and provide reassurance. They act as direct liaisons between the Esoteric Medical Advisor team and laboratory colleagues.
- Independently triages all medical and technical inquiries received from Client Services, with minimal to no supervision.
- Directly interfaces with Esoteric Medical Advisors to provide strategic direction to technical specialist roles and processes.
- Independently evaluates client inquiries to ensure appropriate handling via direct closure, laboratory personnel involvement, and/or escalation to the Esoteric Medical Advisor team or other appropriate subject matter expert.
- Directly handles technical and laboratory inquiries by telephone regarding verbal reporting of results, concerns of service failures and other duties as needed to provide exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Reports laboratory results requested by clients using established protocols.
- Collaborates with laboratory colleagues for inquiries requiring laboratory investigation, response, or repeat testing.
- Documents all adjudication of inquiries received and maintains appropriate records.
- Contacts clients to resolve routine or technical matters related to patient testing and result reporting.
- Uses established protocols for reporting client concerns.
- Independently initiates research and/or resolution of complex questions, as necessary, during the handling of medical inquiries.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the laboratory's operation processes and appropriate contacts thus enabling him/her to assist Client Services with unusual or complex problems as necessary.
- Collaborates with training specialists to provide pertinent training to new hires.
- Expediently resolves discrepancies that occur in test orders, as a result of a client inquiries.
- Provides complete and direct client follow-up, as required, following client interaction with laboratory, technical, and/or medical personnel.
- Actively identifies and reports quality service issues and provides appropriate feedback to the management and training teams.
- Recognizes and reports any perceived or identified potential issues with tests or results obtained either by direct client interaction or identified over time by metric monitoring software or other sources.
Associate or BS in Life Sciences or equivalent combination of education and extensive relevant experience
2 – 3 years of laboratory experience; previous client service experience preferred.
- Broad technical/laboratory knowledge base.
- Knowledge of Quest tests and offerings.
- Broad knowledge of specimen requirements for medical laboratory tests.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary to effectively interact with all Quest Diagnostics personnel and customers.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal to no direct supervision under stressful situations.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.