Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Actively supports Learning & Development (L&D) initiatives to drive operational efficiency and enhance workplace performance. Responsible for development and implementation of business-wide employee / leadership training programs within or related to the Human Resources Service Center (HRSC). Plans, implements and designs mechanisms to evaluate learning & development needs and develop action plans. Conducts or facilitates training programs and sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and define present and future L&D needs of the HRSC
- Set L&D metrics to guide decisions and priorities
- Consult with subject matter experts to determine business requirements and help identify L&D objectives.
- Design and develop HRSC process training, new hire training, soft skills training, customer service, telephony, technology and other business training using instructor led, blended and e-learning formats.
- Develop role specific learning content for the HRSC based on tasks, skills and responsibilities.
- Plan and conduct training in customer service skills, HR programs, policies, customer handling techniques and telephone and computer technology
- Design and develop eLearning courses using software tools such as Adobe Captivate, SnagIt, Photoshop and other software, as necessary
- Facilitate core-training curriculum
- Create an environment that utilizes teach back delivery techniques among all employees to create a culture of learning. This includes having employees rotate responsibility for sharing information, how to perform a skill, or reinforce an effective behavior with others on the team.
- Design and administer an evaluation and feedback approach that allows data to be collected and assessed to ensure improvement areas are identified and business needs are met.
- Adopt lean principles to support a continual learning mind set. Utilize Quest Management System (QMS) tools to support robust plans that include project plans, budget needs, ROI, etc.
- Benchmark with similar organizations and identify L&D best practices
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
Web Design and Development / SharePoint Administration
- Develop the look, layout and features of the HRSC website and SharePoint taking into consideration the balance, contrast, emphasis, consistency and unity of the pages
- Work with department managers to design web forms; work with I-Net developers to create forms ensuring they function as intended resulting in fewer user errors and enhanced processes
- Design and create messaging to improve overall user experience
- Partner with IT web development team to ensure development changes are updated and approved
- Maintain/Update SharePoint site with messaging, company news, photos and graphics, additional files and overall design
- Meet with grant administrator to obtain current year application or Invitation to Negotiate.
- Follow grant guidelines to complete grant application including budget and proposed training.
- Submit grant for approval from HRSC leadership and grant administrator. Ensures grant is signed by both parties.
- Schedule and deliver and/or attend training as stated in approved grant contract.
- Follow grant guidelines to prepare grant reimbursement documents.
- Submit reimbursement documents to grant administrator / per grant guidelines.
- Supervision Exercised: N/A
- MA - preferred
- 5-7 years Learning & Development and/or HR experience
- 5-7 years’ experience delivering process, systems and/or customer service training
- Experience with lean principles and methodologies
- Proven track record for effective consulting and partnering
- Certification in instructional design, technical writing and/or classroom delivery strongly preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
- Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
- Maintain composure under pressure
- Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
- Using effective verbal communication
- Using effective written communication
- Concentrate on tasks
- Ability to making decisions
- Examine/observe details
Other: Technology Proficiency Required
- Experience with courseware used to develop online education preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse population at all levels within the organization
- Advanced customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Project, SnagIt
- Open CMS
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Project Management
- Instructional Design