WJLA-TV, in Washington, DC, seeks an enterprising and aggressive Special Content Producer. This is an opportunity to join the award winning WJLA ABC 7 & 24/7 Team producing ‘data-driven journalism’ for all of our platforms with an eye on digital storytelling. This position will work closely with our 7 On Your Side consumer/investigative unit. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to visualize stories. Dynamic storytelling skills are a must.
- Create and develop graphics and visual effects to illustrate news stories.
- Participate in our daily editorial conversations to pitch ideas of how to build break-out segments using graphics and animations.
- Help conceptualize, plan and execute “7 On Your Side” and major coverage content elements.
- Work closely with reporters and producers on creating visual “extras” for all of our platforms.
- Work alongside photojournalists to blend, video/photos and graphic elements to tell stories.
- Must be able to edit visual elements and incorporate sound
- 3 years experience working with Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on After Effects
- Illustration or animation skills required, a willingness to learn new programs including Cinema 4D
- A journalism degree is preferred – it is critical to have solid news judgement and an understanding of journalism ethics
- Must be a strong storyteller with the ability to make the complicated understandable
- Must be able to use all available tools to enhance visual storytelling
- Must have a keen eye for color schemes, font choices and layout to maximize opportunities to showcase content
While applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.