The Specialist II –Translations position is a technical position that is responsible for Data Translations/Install support of the Service Delivery Customer Access Profitability Team, which encompasses but not limited to the following functions: Data Production, Customer Installations, Disconnects and Provisioning. The position requires a strong working knowledge of all legacy data network elements and associated transport equipment while possessing a customer focused professionalism to accomplish customer migrations and network changes/disconnects.
- Processing complex disconnect orders in multiple systems
- Interface directly with the business customers and customer IT organizations
- Professionally interact with both internal and external customers
- Configure or troubleshoot Windstream managed equipment from the core elements to the point of customer termination in either co-location areas or switch sites
- Configures or troubleshoot Complex Ethernet products and services
- Ability to perform and troubleshoot speed issues - RFC 2544 testing
- Verify services to be disconnected for the order and if they are in use, as well as, ensure all necessary equipment, configurations & translations are removed.
- Working knowledge of PAE/VOX/HWIN networks and transport equipment and the data products provisioned apart of those networks. Must have the ability to perform troubleshooting to ensure restoral of services if needed.
- Candidates must be available to work any shift.
- Manage and troubleshoot exceptions including technical configuration issues with equipment and various network elements
- Ensure detailed notes are on each order as instructed and the order is updated properly as needed
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned
Job Category: Service Delivery
Locations: 1720 Galleria Blvd |US|North Carolina|Charlotte\ |US|Iowa|Hiawatha\ |US|New York|Rochester\\ |US|South Carolina|Greenville
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.