ABC7-DC, the ABC affiliate and cable channel 8, in Washington DC, are looking for an experienced Sports Anchor. The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong team player with competitive drive who upholds high journalistic and ethical standards, under deadline pressure. We have unique opportunities to produce our “Sports Talk” weeknight show and specials on 24/7 so you must be a strong host and understand the art of the interview!
Qualified candidates must share our vision of producing and reporting coverage of LOCAL sports that stands out as being informative and entertaining for fans and non-fans alike. We cover all Maryland, DC and Virginia professional, semi-pro, college, local prep sports, little leagues, local ‘Rising Stars’ and community events.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Covering day-to-day sporting events and sports features on a variety of platforms, including on air, website, social media, and mobile
- 3 years of daily TV sports anchoring and reporting is required
- Working with news management to ensure compliance of local sports philosophy in every newscast and seasonal specials
- This position requires a flexible schedule and will include working nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to shoot, write and edit while working under deadline pressure
- Experience operating digital cameras and nonlinear editors
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience anchoring and reporting sports for a commercial TV station
- Must have a passion for going beyond scores and highlights and telling real stories
- Must embrace breaking sports coverage and daily storytelling on digital and social first!
- A college degree in journalism or related field is required
- Strong writing, photography, and nonlinear editing skills are a must
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge of how to position great content on air and on website-mobile-social media platforms is required
- Must work well independently and as part of a team in a high energy, creative and collaborative environment
Please include a web link to your recent work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.