The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the corporate accounting activities, including preparation and analysis of financial statements, general ledger maintenance and reporting. The position must have extensive experience with accounting close processes, reconciliations, preparation of financial statements including the statement of cash flow, process improvement and financial analysis.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the execution of the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes including completing reconciliations, escalation and resolution of issues, and meeting all associated deadlines
- Work collaboratively with the accounting manager, accounting team and the finance teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements accounts including revenue, debt, accounts receivable, accruals, interest expense and debt; among others
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, general ledger accounts, and financial reports
- Perform monthly variance analysis on P&L and balance sheet accounts and field questions within the organization
- Conduct balance sheet analytics and prepare robust commentary explaining variances
- Prepare the financial statements for various legal entities and divisions, as well as the eliminations for intercompany transactions and the consolidated financial statements
- Coordinate with internal departments including finance, sales and inventory to complete tasks and provide information requested
- Work closely with internal and external auditors in completing audits providing appropriate insight and documentation
- Train and develop staff accountants
- Review processes and procedures within the department and provide input and insight to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Assist with the assessment and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, including leasing and revenue recognition