What Financial Planning & Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions.
- Analyzes business trends
- leads and aligns financial forecasts and long range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis. Able to clearly communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
- Creates financial models and scenarios as a key input for business planning decisions in areas such as capital deployment, sourcing, product development, marketing strategies, and acquisitions.
- Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
- Performs customer and product profitability analysis and makes investment and pricing decisions. Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, margin expansion and a more favorable mix (i.e., driving preferred products and services).
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
Accountabilities in Role
- Support the Global Manufacturing & Supply Chain global consolidations team responsible for providing analysis, reporting, and support related to all aspects of GMSC.
- Responsibilities will include providing timely and accurate analysis and reporting which will allow the business to understand performance versus objectives and make further decisions.
- Will be working with systems and cross-functional teams to maintain and enhance the performance measurement tools, and facilitate continuous process improvement to ensure tight cost control and maintain the integrity of the systems.
- The role will also support ad hoc financial projects as needed.
- The FP&A Analyst is expected to be already located in Mansfield, MA, or to be considering and willing to relocate to this location.
- Support the GMSC Consolidations team on monthly reporting and month end closing activities as necessary
- Support continuous improvement of financial packages and deliverables
- Support overall GMSC budget & forecast deliverables, reporting, and presentations, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Manage multiple deliverables and deadlines concurrently.
- Support ad hoc requests and initiatives as necessary
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possbile solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.