Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Brand Marketing Director will have the opportunity to inspire people to lead healthy and active lifestyles by developing the overall strategy and direction for assigned brands within the Sports and Active Nutrition portfolio. This is a leadership role, managing a team of direct reports and cross-functional partners, focused on the creation and execution of annual strategic and financial plans, promotional activity, creative storytelling, new product development, packaging, pricing, analysis, P&L management and maximizing output from Agency partners. The role can be based in either Ronkonkoma, NY (Long Island), or Florham Park, NJ.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Use of data analytics, forecast planning and leading edge consumer insights to influence and drive incremental growth, as well as be responsive to the ever-changing business and consumer needs.
- Build strong relationships and work cross functionally to ensure collaboration and flawless execution in all areas of responsibility.
- Lead Brand strategy, including the development, setting and consistent execution of brand positioning, value proposition and communication for short as well as long term.
- Develop innovative brand strategies that drive sustained, profitable growth within the Sports Nutrition category; includes brand Communications strategy, Innovation, Shopper marketing, Media planning, Social/Digital marketing, PR.
- Train, empower and hold direct reports accountable across innovation, base business, packaging, shopper marketing and trade marketing pillars for the highest brand execution standards through ongoing coaching and development.
- Full P&L accountability - integrating the key business drivers and brand strategy for revenue to contribution margin accountability on a category leading, high growth brand.
- Identify key growth strategies and propose execution plans, informed by data and consumer insight, to increase consumer penetration and consumption. Build brand equity and cultivate consumer passion and brand relevance including all elements of packaging, event and influencer strategy, and media and communications strategy.
- Lead marketing/business analysis; including financial analysis, consumer/category insights, portfolio management, channel strategy, and competitive intelligence.
- Drive innovative new product developments and Platform strategy in a dynamic, growing category that moves at a rapid pace.
- Develop and lead promotions, creative development (Digital, OLV, linear TV, Radio), NPD, packaging, financial performance, demand/supply planning and procurement.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to optimize outcome and ensure consistency of brand initiatives and get optimal results from internal cross functional teams and Agency partners.
- Build strong relationships with the Sales organization to maximize programs impact and sales support initiatives; assess and build business solutions from a marketing perspective.
- Develop and manage marketing budget to accomplish key strategic brand and business opportunities.