Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Sr. Business Development Analyst, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
- The business development analyst is responsible for generating financial analysis facilitating proposals to drive growth in the PLS business. This individual will be responsible for understanding various data points and creating deal analysis under the direction of the Director, BD. The Sr. BD Analyst must be able to work independently to create models and within a team environment to meet customer requirements and deadlines. This individual will prepare summary documentation and contract exhibits to be presented to PLS leaders and potential customers. The Sr. BD Analyst will assist in developing strategies and tools to be used in evaluating PLS opportunities.
- This individual will be cross-trained across all Business Development disciplines including data collection, due diligence, financial modeling, contracting and contract performance.
- This individual needs to be organized and manage multiple priorities simultaneously and must be able to communicate effectively to PLS senior leadership. The position requires occasional travel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and manipulate data provided by potential new external customers and organize into summarized format.
- Responsible for data collection, data tracking and evaluation of data quality.
- Align with operations team on key data points.
- Coordinate with Sales and Customer to close data gaps as well as align on starting in-scope expenses
- Perform on-site due diligence to better understand the customer’s data.
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Business Development and with the customer to complete and tie-out Responsibilities Exhibit for customers in contracting.
- Prepare adhoc analysis for PLS BD Director and the remainder of management team as needed.
- On-going enhancement/improvement of financial modeling tools and databases.
- Learn and become competent in other areas of business development team including financial modeling, contracting and contract performance.
Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- Bachelor degree in business required; MBA preferred. 3-6 years of experience in accounting, finance or business development. Lab industry or related healthcare field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- With strong analytical background, this includes a solid grasp of tools (spreadsheet, statistical method for analyzing data.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity. He/she must create scenarios of alternative outcomes and make reasonable judgments about the implications of pricing decisions based on limited and imperfect information.
- Strong interpersonal skills. He/she must possess intellectual integrity and personal trustworthiness to the extent that he/she generates trust among directors from multiple functions.
- Organizational Awareness. He/she must gain information for research and analysis from multiple sources within the organization. He/she must know who controls what information and develop communication channels with them.
- Excellent persuasive written and oral communication skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities for multiple customers.
- Ability to interact confidently with all levels of employees including Senior Management.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to conclusion.
- Strong PC skills required