The Senior Commercial Underwriter (SCU) maintains advanced commercial real estate and lending knowledge used to evaluate and analyze business loan requests for commercial real estate, lines of credit, term loans and SBA loans. This position is responsible for all aspects of underwriting including evaluating and reporting on financial statements, tax returns, historical trends, projections, management performance, cash flow, capital structure, collateral analysis and credit memorandum preparation and presentation. The SCU prepares annual credit reviews and conducts monitoring and reporting of the loan portfolio including financial analysis and collateral evaluations. The SCU assists loan officers in evaluating prospective loans by conducting pre-underwriting analyses and offering recommendations as needed. The SCU helps ensure that member business loans are compliant with Nuvision policies and NCUA regulatory requirements.
The SCU is responsible for reporting of special assets loans within their portfolio. The SCU is responsible for calculating FAS 114 reserves, completing credit reviews related to manage loans and providing risk rating recommendations. Additionally, the SCU will assist with the forbearance, workout, foreclosures and REO process.
The SCU keeps current on industry standards and maintains extensive knowledge of Nuvision policies and procedures. Makes recommendations and assists in the creation and/or revision of Commercial Lending underwriting policies and procedures as needed.
The SCU assists in the maintenance of related quality control processes and shares responsibility for representing Nuvision at off-site special events related to Commercial Lending. The SCU shall provide support to other team members.
- Underwrite commercial real estate loans and assist in evaluating prospective loans. Includes preparation of all necessary analysis and preparation of the business loan approval memorandum. Meet Nuvision and NCUA requirements.
- Manage and report on special assets loans. Prepare reports for management. Prepare credit reviews, monitor loan quality, prepare FAS 114 reports, and provide recommendations for reserves and risk ratings, direct activities such as forbearances, workouts, foreclosures, REO management and sales.
- Prepare annual reviews of performing loans and assist in management of such loans.
- Write/update policies and procedures relating to Commercial Lending. Provide general support and recommendations to other team members.
- Represent Nuvision at off-site special events related to Commercial Lending.
- Support and participate in continuous process improvement activities.
- Treat all co-workers, members, participants, and vendors with respect.
- Maintain member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Complete special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- 7 years commercial real estate and small business lending, this includes underwriting, portfolio special assets management.
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate underwriting, special assets, and loan participations.
- Working knowledge of business lending regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding listening skills. Self-motivated and self-directed. Ability to represent Commercial Lending and Nuvision when dealing senior level personnel at other credit unions.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Experience in financial spreading software.
- Strong member service skills.
- Ability to conduct oneself with integrity through demonstration of trustworthiness and ethical behavior in all work activities and interactions.
Education: 4 year degree in Business or related field or related experience in the profession
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place