What Data Analytics Contributes to Cardinal Health:
The Data Analytics Function is responsible for the analytics life-cycle in order to identify, analyze and present relevant insights that drive business decisions and anticipate opportunities to achieve a competitive advantage. The Analytics & Information Management Function is responsible for analytic data platforms and access, design and implementation of reporting/business intelligence solutions and the application of advanced quantitative modeling.
- Data analytics is responsible for applying business process knowledge to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Work cross-functionally between Planning, Inventory, Global Trade and IT to design, develop and implement self-serve reporting tools and dashboards
- Use analytics tools (such as Tableau, Alteryx, Python) to manage, maintain and improve existing reporting processes; transform complex data sets into information that can be consumed and actioned by the Supply Chain team; and automate manual processes
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information cross-functionally and up and down the organization
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Ability to design and execute data architecture strategies to support analytic needs
- Responsible for partnering with business functions to create business requirements to support the build and design of new analytic solutions or enhancements to existing analytic solutions.
- Acts as a change agent to increase system or tool adoption through training and cross-functional collaboration
- Maintains a continuous improvement mindset to identify opportunities to transform manual processes to automated, scalable and sustainable processes
- Utilize project management skill sets to create and lead implementation plans for analytic solutions and balance against priorities. Demonstrates ability to influence without authority to achieve solution deployment deadlines collectively as a team
- Respond and support ad-hoc reporting requests and project
- Owns the development, creation and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Responsible for onboarding and mentoring peers through 1-1s or adhoc knowledge training sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in related field preferred
- Supply Chain knowledge preferred
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or scorecard tools required
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, gather requirements and adapt to shifting priorities while still meeting project expectations and deadlines
- Proficient in reporting tools such as Business Objects and Tableau, Analytics programs such as Alteryx and database design using SQL required
- Ability to creatively problem-solve to overcome technical challenges and meet critical business requirements
- Experience writing ad-hoc queries and reports required
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Must be organized to create sustainable processes for other team members to build off of and work collaboratively
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.