Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Responsible for the financial and operational evaluation of prospective Health Plan and Payor Markets (HPPM) contracts, providing consult and recommendations to insure growth and profitability of 3rd party payors. Towards this goal, works closely with HPPM leadership and Finance regional and national leadership. Partners with representatives of the HPPM sales organization in response to contract proposals for regional, national or Quest Net related contracts. Partners with the HPPM Contract Support Director in the development of financial modeling tools and methods to streamline the contracting process, insure Authorization Matrix control compliance and yield financial measures that meet growth goals.
- Directly participates in the negotiation process for regional, national and Quest Net third party contracts including the development of contracting and pricing strategies, customer presentation content and finance support.
- Works directly with the VP of Health Plan and Payor Markets, National & Local Account Executives in determining pricing strategies and management of the contract pipeline
- Performs all financial analyses and modeling approaches to execute contracting strategies for prospective third party contracts including tactics such as utilization and membership corridors, CAP rate models, Network management and risk management.
- Assists the Legal Department with the review of business terms for prospective contracts to insure that contract requirements can be operationalized and are in line with the Company's objectives..
- Works closely with the Revenue Management Pricing Director and Marketing Department to insure alignment of enterprise wide pricing guidelines for specific test categories with Health Plan pricing strategy.
- Serves as a content expert to business unit leadership regarding third party contracts and pricing strategies.
- Interfaces directly with Operations leaders and Managing Directors regarding the cost implications associated with new and existing third party contracts.
- Develops and implements contract management process improvements.
- Collaborates with Corporate Finance and business unit Controllers regarding the budget and forecast impact for new and existing contracts.
- Manages analyst staff in the analysis of prospective contracts and the complexities inherent to the industry.
- Provides ad hoc financial analysis for the HPPM sales organization and Revenue Management department.
- Required BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years of experience in financial analysis or accounting
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated financial analysis, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities for multiple customers
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills MS Office Suite proficiency, with strong skills in Access and Excel Knowledge of laboratory industry and managed care is desirable