Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Sr. Director, Platform Innovation, will identify and commercialize future value drivers and US commercial opportunities for the Vitamin, Mineral, Herb and Supplement (VMHS) Franchise. The position will be responsible for developing and executing the long term innovation strategy, incubating new opportunities and bringing innovative products to market, generating new value creation.
- Ensure the use of customer/market insights to influence and craft growth agendas that expand the business boundaries and is responsive to ever-changing business and consumer needs expanding through new brands, channels and offerings that align within the VMHS Franchise
- Lead a team of internal and external resources/contractors to develop, commercialize and market our products and solutions, which can include new operating models (e.g. direct to consumer)
- Work cross functionally to ensure collaboration and flawless execution in all areas of operational responsibility for these new brands and business while they scale up for inclusion in other business units
- Identify and commercialize opportunities in new growth areas that will expand the business boundaries and be future value drivers
- Analyze and launch opportunities that the organization can ultimately scale up
- Incubate projects in growth areas - develop hypothesis, design, execute and measure to build business case for full commercialization
- Refine existing business ideas through research and customer feedback
- Discover unmet customer needs and extract customer needs/challenges that inspire ideas for future value drivers
- Evaluate new opportunities – organic and inorganic
- Collaborate with a network of internal and external partners to identify, launch and refine business ideas
- Partner across the VMHS Leadership Team to develop opportunities and leverage expertise from COEs and Brand leads
- Build cross-functional teams that can go from concept creation to graduation of concepts into businesses for scaling
- Develop plans and execute end-to-end work to launch a new opportunities
- Present recommendations, key findings, progress and challenges to Leadership Team(s)