With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
In this role, you will partner across all areas of the business to design and enable a global DEI strategy by thinking big and bringing progressive ideas to propel our DEI work forward. Your ideas must be focused on making lasting, long-term positive results.
The successful candidate will have experience building effective multi-year DEI strategies, including plans in the areas of talent acquisition & university recruiting, learning & development, culture & engagement. You must understand how these strategies influence one another. Your strong project management, communication and analytical skills will be essential to success, as will be your ability to influence and partner across the enterprise and externally.
- Reports to Vice President, Talent
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for developing and executing the global DEI strategy, working in close collaboration with HR and other business stakeholders to define DEI priorities and goals. Demonstrate subject matter expertise by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge to enable the organization to achieve measurable results.
- Collaborating with CSL Legal, Corporate Responsibility, HR Communications and other relevant functions, to identify and manage all globally pertinent diversity reporting requirements. Guarantee that CSL meets all reporting requirements and submits reports correctly and on time. Leverage appropriate reporting insights to influence Strategic Workforce Planning and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts.
- Oversees, builds and grows external DEI partnerships and memberships, as is relevant to the fulfillment of the organization’s strategic action plan and goals. Working with key leaders on communications to ensure that inclusion is considered and integrated into all aspects of our internal and external communications Manage and advise the CSL DEI Network.
- Implement metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity initiatives and prepare regular reports for senior leadership on the value of the initiatives. Effectively prepare and deliver communications to senior executives, CSL workforce and external stakeholders.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Talent COE Leadership Team
- ED, Change & Culture
- Head of HR Systems
- Extended HR Leadership Team
- Leaders within and outside of HR
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline essential, preferably with post-graduate qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience leading Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 5 or more years working within a global, matrix organization
- 3 or more years working extensively with KPIs, metrics, executive reporting and/or analytics
- Proven experience leading large scale, global projects and initiatives
- Proven experience working within highly collaborative teams
- Credible leader able to influence senior leaders without direct authority
- Track record of transformational process leadership and/or participation
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Proven ability to achieve goals and drive projects to expected outcomes
- Strong leadership, presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to build constructive, effective relationships at multiple levels
- Strategic portfolio, project and budget management of a total business or corporate function
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, create innovative strategies and manage ambiguity
- Cross cultural sensitivity demonstrating understanding and acceptance of different cultural parameters
- Strong negotiation skills and is able to identify and engage internal and external expertise as needed
- Proven networking, stakeholder management and influencing skills and ability to share knowledge and experience amongst colleagues
This position will require approximately 30% travel around the CSL global network.