The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here.
Sr. Director US Tractor Trailer
Brink's Global Services (BGS) is a division of Brink's Inc, the world's premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink's Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewellery, security, art and pharmaceutical industries. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Sr. Transportation Operations Director based out of our Salt Lake City, Utah location.
The Sr. Transportation Operations Director is responsible for assisting the Vice President in the attainment of short-term and long-term business and financial results for an assigned market. This position will optimize the resources of Brink's over the road operations, comply with the quality and service standards and contribute to the maximization of the company's profit margin. The incumbent will be responsible for an exhaustive analysis and high interaction with the technical and operational areas of the region. This position develops strategy and vision to lead and motivate team members to the best results and to meet financial budget objectives.
• Provide leadership to organization
• Must aggressively develop the product lines within the market
• Identify ways to improve management of costs, continually improve efficiencies and drive services to positively impact business results in the market
• Analyze the demand and market to determine the best scheduling of the fleet
• Gather and analyze information from the operational area in order to create an optimum route plan, meet equipment needs and budgets, ensure safety and security
• Control the load factor and the profitability associated with the trucks
• Monitor and revise several key performance indicators to assure the proper service to the clients - optimization of resources and profitability of growth
• Provide the leadership necessary to organize and aggressively develop the product lines within the assigned market
• Grow our current customer base and maintain relationships with current customers.
• Perform other activities of similar nature according to the needs of the department
Position Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
• Minimum of 10 years operations experience in transportation and/or logistics
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Excel (pivot tables, what if scenarios, charts, etc.)
• Minimum of 7 years supervisory experience
• Minimum of 4 years utilizing a route optimization tool
• Valid driver's license
• Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• Experience working with over the road drivers
• Extensive knowledge of lean/process improvement methodologies
• Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink's U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink's, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud.
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.