What Software Information Platforms contributes to Cardinal Health
Software and Information Platforms is responsible for technical configuration, design, administration, development, implementation and support of application and information frameworks that Cardinal Health application solutions utilize.
- Demonstrates and applies technical (not functional) knowledge of software development frameworks and business process configuration systems. Examples include (not limited to) java application servers, integration and information systems, ERP systems, business rules engines, business process management and .et development frameworks.
- Leverages fluency in technical languages, operating systems, application programming interfaces,> and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of infrastructure subcomponents and interoperability including (but not limited to) SAN, network (application routing) and compute platforms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of system information dependencies and end to end application transaction competency.
- Maintains platform or system health and availability requirements including HADR testing.
- Resolves support issues involving production systems.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture teams for product selection and productcapability roadmaps and information governance processes.
- Monitors and manages proactive maintenance to application platform environments
- documents and manages SOPs for software and information platform systems.
- Interfaces with business solution teams and partners on operational platform events as well as solution design needs.
- Experience/Familiarity with Cloud Computing, GCP/AWS, cloud infrastructure, DevOps, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Powershell, Python, Shell Scripting, Git, GitHub, GitLab, Terraform, CI/CD preferred
- GCP/AWS concepts including security and compliance, compute, network, storage, data, monitoring, automation, Cloud Build, Python, and CLI.
- Is detail oriented and passionate about cloud technologies.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience/competency in multiple Software/Information platform technology domains preferred
- Provides technical leadership in one or more areas preferred
- Seen as team 'expert' preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.