Senior Engineer, Software/Information Platform (Business Intelligence Architect)
What Data Analytics Platforms and Services Contributes to Cardinal Health:
Data Analytics Platforms and Services team is responsible for supporting various analytics, reporting, and visualization platforms for the enterprise. We must ensure the platforms are performing properly, that they are upgraded to current versions, and quickly address issues.
What is expected of you and others at this level in IT - Center of Expertise for functional success
- Uses deep subject matter/functional expertise, influence and process skills to help internal/external customers and stakeholders identify and meet their high priority needs while considering cultural and diversity implications.
- Jointly develops practical implementation plans with other accountable parties.
- Encourages informed risk-taking and acts as a catalyst for innovation at Cardinal Health; generates practical, sustainable and creative options to solve problems and create business opportunities, while maximizing existing resources.
- Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up to date on current trends and best practices;
- Performs assessments and listens to internal clients to understand and anticipate their needs and determine their priorities in the context of the overall enterprise.
Accountabilities in this role
- Serve as a business intelligence architect for the organization. Handling design of currently owned platforms, periodically vetting competing products in the analytic and business intelligence space and looking across the enterprise for duplicate tools and applications.
- Demonstrates knowledge of architecture standards, database and operating systems
- In depth knowledge of public cloud offerings, such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- In depth knowledge Tableau 2019.x, Alteryx 2019.x, and Business Objects 4.x
- Moderate to extensive knowledge of Windows. Knowledge of Linux is a plus
- Familiarity with all aspects of supporting infrastructure and connected technologies like storage, SAML, ETL, data warehousing (Teradata, Redshift, Big Query, etc)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field
- Proven leadership ability
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in designing, developing, and successful implementation of multi-tier enterprise solutions
- Experience in working across multiple systems, technologies, and integration scenarios
- Ability to lead and work in onsite/offshore model
- Proven ability to present complex monitoring concepts to non-technical and/or non-monitoring audiences
- Demonstrated ability to set technology direction and oversee successful delivery and/or support of technology solutions
- Possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and clearly communicate status and potential issues
- Ability to define work processes and lead team members in successful implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.