Responsible for improving Kinetic customer experience by leveraging advanced technical, automation, and analytics skills towards determining, defining, and driving solutions to complex network challenges.
A qualified candidate possesses extensive HFC Engineering and Operations knowledge including network design, understanding of complex telecommunications architectures, including; Headend, DOCSIS network design and capacity planning.
Engineer is responsible for assuring that the overall outside plant (copper or fiber cable) network quality and capacity of service is appropriate to deliver our products and services effectively. Identifies outside plant needs across the region through diligent project management techniques. Position will design, gain approval, engineer and build network OSP additions and segmentations. The emphasis in this assignment will be on designing, engineering, and upgrading & maintaining the OSP network as well as care for all records aspects and equipment that are to be used across the network
Must be able to work closely with Field Operations, Engineering, NOC repair verticals, and IT teams in devising and implementing cost-effective performance improving strategies and solutions.
Also works directly with customers and vendor partners to solve complex service issues and ensure long term service stability.
- Fundamental understanding of CATV/HFC Outside Plant (OSP) networks and components
- Strong experience designing and upgrading HFC OSP networks
- Familiarity with DOCSIS and associated OSP requirements (DOCSIS 3.1 experience a plus)
- Proven record of successfully managing and executing multiple simultaneous cross-functional projects
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Familiarity with GIS and/or other design/mapping tools
- Monitoring the total outside plant project’s capital and operating expense providing appropriate reports as required.
- Oversees and coordinates outside plant’s capital budgets.
- Ensures consistent standards for all facets of outside plant materials, engineering and construction projects.
- Provides subject matter expertise through preparation of reports and interfaces with Local, State and industry associations, as required.
- Primary interface with Finance, and Field Services in regards to the status of OSP projects.
- Remains current with respect to regulatory, industry, and technological developments so as to assist in the decision making process in regards to network operations.
- In depth knowledge of…
- Simulcasting (Video)
- Network Maintenance operations
- Thorough understanding of all engineering principles and standards of operations as applied to design and construction of telecommunications networks.
- Current knowledge of telecommunications technologies including: FTTx, HFC, VDSL, DWDM, Ethernet, and IP protocols and an overall understanding of End User devices and provisioning systems.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to; Microsoft office suite, Auto CAD, as well as various engineering programs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent Customer relations and communications skills.
- The ability to build relationships & think creatively
Job Category: Engineering
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.